Friday, November 28, 2008

Patience

Patience.
I was told from a young age that I don't have any. At times, I will agree with that statement. (Especially at say the grocery store. There is something about that place that gets under my skin.)
I was told by a very significant person in my life that I should not become a teacher and that I should never have kids because that person told me I had no patience.

Here is today's no patience story --
Today, DD - who is 6, mind you - and I assembled her new computer desk. DH had been fixing up the old computer so DD could have her own. We needed a place to put it and earlier this week, I headed to Ikea and found a pink computer workstation for her and also a pink chair. Well, on Tuesday, when I brought the boxes in the house, she was biting at the bit for the chair. She helped me put the chair together right then and was very, very happy with it.

Wednesday, I thought I would get it put together while she was at school. Instead, I hooked up with a friend of mine (and her little infant) and we did some chatting, some shopping and some lunching... :)
Thursday - Thanksgiving - DD wants to make her desk right away when she wakes up but we needed to pack up to go to Grammy's house. She said when we get home we can do it. DD fell asleep in the car on the way back and went right to bed.

So, now it is Friday. And after I go hit a couple "Black Friday" sales, I get coffee and have breakfast. I figure it is time - and DD is eager to help.

Assembling any type of furniture can be trying at times. I know I've used many swear words on other items that needed assembling in the past. But with DD helping - and being ever so cute as she tries - well, it went fine. I did think at one point how much patience this is taking -- as I wait for DD to try her plastic screwdriver and her plastic hammer on the pieces. It was cute. And she also got so excited figuring out what piece went where next.

(read this sarcastic please) Imagine how much more fun I could have had if only I could have been patient.

No comments: