Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Spirit is Alive and Well

Yesterday, we went to a local attraction (Edaville Railroad in Carver, Ma). DH, DD a friend of DD and her father also joined us to experience the lights and train ride. It was a rather chilly evening.

The girls (both 6) were SO excited when we got there. On the train ride, every different light display resulted in a "OH LOOK OVER HERE" and an "AWESOME".

My DD wanted a specific souvenir we had seen many children with. A multi color light up "sword". I didn't see them in the gift shop or anyway. I was standing with my DD alone and I stopped a man who had a young girl that was carrying the sword. I asked where he got it and how much it was. My fear was it was only available as part of the carnival games we saw around. He said there are vendors walking around - which I hadn't noticed - and it is $5. He asked if I only had the one girl. I said we have a friend with us too. He said if I couldn't find a vendor, if you go into the gift shop and ask at the counter, they do have them. I thanked him for the information and went back to talking to my DD - because I thought $5 was a bit much and I really *should* get two - one for our friend too. DD really wanted it and was trying to tell me what she could go without in order to get one.

Before DD and I could leave the spot we were standing in, the man comes over with two swords and says "Merry Christmas". I was touched. DD said thank you. I wished him Happy Holidays. He made my DD's day with that gift.

So, yes, Santa is there - and he shows himself when you least expect it.

No comments: